Surgical Specialties enters agreement to distribute Infection Prevention Product
Published on: 2 October, 2014
Australian-owned orthopaedic distributor, Surgical Specialties Pty Ltd (surgicalspecialties.com.au) have entered into an exclusive partnership with THI Total Healthcare Innovation GmbH (thigmbh.at/en), an Austrian company specialising in the development and production of infection prevention systems. The THI Company’s R&D department develops highly innovative and high quality technological products in close cooperation with the healthcare markets to protect patients from possible infections during surgical procedures.
THI most popular product, the OXYGEN Surgical Helmet, is a highly innovative surgical helmet with patented two fan extraction technology. The OXYGEN Surgical Helmet has the ultimate goal of reducing CO2 concentration inside the surgical helmet while offering superior comfort so the surgical professionals concentrate purely on positive patient outcomes.Some other key features of the OXYGEN Surgical Helmet include:
- No excess pressure inside the helmet, thus no uncontrolled leakage of contaminated breathing air through openings in surgical gowns & no contamination of the sterile operating environment via uncontrolled leakage of breathing air
- Vibration-dampening, high-quality material
- Two silent fans for optimum air circulation
- Ideally balanced weight to avoid muscle fatigue
- Individually adjustable fan speed and air flow
- A large push button to control fans, can be operated with the forearm
- Patented headband for fastening the helmet - one-handed operation - in sizes XS-XL and M-4XL
- Specially developed foam covering on the headband to increase wearing comfort and noise absorption
Surgical Specialties are excited to bring such an innovative product to the AOA Exhibition to be held 12 -16 October at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.